Friday, August 05, 2005

DIY guy shoots self in heart with a nail gun

DIY man shoots himself in heart

A DIY enthusiast from Staffordshire has offered thanks to the surgeons who saved his life after he shot himself in the heart with a nail gun. Nigel Kirk, 53, was working on flooring in his Burton-on-Trent home when the accident happened.

[...]"I was moving from one position to another when I tripped on a towel and I heard the gun go off," he said.

He then felt a pain in his chest.

Mr Kirk went on: "I thought there is something wrong here and I had a pretty good idea where the nail had gone.

"I could feel the nail embedded in me. There wasn't any blood."

A surgeon at the hospital said: "It was like a nail in a car tyre.

"When you take a nail from the tyre, the air will rush out. It would have been the same with his blood."


BBC

1 Comments:

Blogger Cujo said...

Let that be a lesson to you. When you shoot yourself with in the chest with a nail dobn't pull it out without seeking medical attention.

Actually it's a pretty good rule for first aid - Don't pull anything out of a wound if it can be left in there. Leave it to the experts.

Friday, August 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home